Aug 3, 2010

Campfire

Last week I was at camp, and I had the privilege of speaking at campfire each night. The theme of the week was Look Up and the verse was Colossians 3:1. To go with the theme, we watched the movie UP, which has become a favorite of mine. The evening speaker spoke on Christ's word, way, worship, work, and witness. I connected my talks to his each day, but I spoke from Philippians 4:8-9. I connected this to Russell's character from the movie since he was a "scout" and scouts have a law, I taught that we have characteristics that we are trying to live up to. So, just to give you a taste of what I taught about here's my main idea for each night and a scripture to go with it:

Sunday Night: Whatever is True - The Truth will set you free from the lies of the enemy, John 8:31-47
Monday Night: Whatever is Right - Righteousness is not just about avoiding sin, it’s all about what is instead right, Matthew 25:31-46
Tuesday Night: Whatever is Pure - Purity of Heart leads to real righteousness and worship, Matthew 15:1-20
Wednesday Night: Whatever is Noble - Nobility in God’s kingdom is based on humility and not pride, Luke 14:7-14
Thursday Night: Whatever is Lovely and Admirable - Those who are admirable and compelling are worthy of following, Philippians 4:91 Corinthians 10:31-11:1

This is what I taught about each night, and I am so thankful that I was apart of this week. At the end of the week, 6 campers were baptized. This happened not because of my teaching or someone else's, but because God started working in the lives of the students at camp. I thank God for this week of camp and my chance to participate in how he work in the lives of that campers.


No comments: