Sep 16, 2011

Harvest

My blog's subtitle (my take on living life in the middle of corn fields) is sort of a joke about where I am currently living. I live in Illinois, most of which is corn or bean fields. I have to admit though, it is really cool to see all that happens in the fields throughout the year. I grew up in the suburbs and never really knew much about farming except that they grew stuff, so living in the middle of corn fields is actually quite fun. It is especially fun around this time of the year when they are harvesting in the fields. Last night and this morning, we watched the combines roll through the field that is yards from our apartment and harvest the corn. This isn't my first time seeing combines; I've even had a chance to ride in my wife's grandfather's combine. It's still cool, though, to see the combines roll through the fields.

No comments: