Sep 19, 2008

It's been a long, but great week.

Like I said at the end of the last post, my Monday began with taking Rondel to the airport at 4:00 am. That was quite the experience. It took me about an hour round trip to go pick up Rondel from Jared's, take him to the airport, and then go back home and sleep. This was the first of many busy days this week. Monday wasn't too exciting at the office, and actually most days really aren't that exciting. They are productive, but not really exciting. That evening, though, I had a great time helping David, one of the two high school guys I live with, find cleats. This was fun because it is really hard to find cleats a third of the way through the soccer season. Most of the shoes that he wanted were sold out. Eventually, he found some. The best part was, however, just hanging out and talking soccer with him.
On Tuesday, I went to small group. There is a small group at EastPointe for college age/20 somethings. I found out about this group by accident, but love the fact that I am able to participate in a small group. The group is called "Live 4:12" (live as in "I live" not as in "This is a live broadcast) from 1 Tim 4:12 (setting an example for the believers in speech, life, love, and faith, and purity). It's a great group, and we have a great time every week. Next week, we're going down to the beach to see a baptism, so I'll probably have some pictures from that.
Wednesday is my d-group night. We rapped up our discussion of evangelism this week. We talked about how we can use our testimonies to share our faith. As a part of that we talked about a really cool thing called cardboard testimonies. I challenged the guys to think about what they could right on a piece of cardboard that would be able to tell people how God has made a difference in their lives.
Thursday and Friday were once again game nights. Thursday, I saw the Windham Eagles beat the Gorham Rams 1-0 in soccer for the first time in 5 years, and learned that I need to buy long underwear. The nights have consistently been in the 40's and one night was supposed to dip into the 30's. And Friday I saw Scarborough get beat in football. I was really there to hang out with Middle School students. I found out that in Scarborough, the football game is the place for the middle school students to hang out on friday nights. It certainly was an interesting experience just to hang out with a bunch of middle schoolers.
This has been a long week, with something to do every night of the week, but it's been fun. I am, however, going to enjoy Saturday.

1 comment:

paulafrances said...

I am a friend of your mom's, she told me about your blog. I sent the youtube video link to my kids and am thinking about making my own cardboard testimony! Thanks for this entry...