Sep 28, 2008

Another weekend, more youth ministry.

Nothing too exciting this week. Just another week of youth ministry. Here's my weekend:

Friday was the birthday of the twin boys of the family that I am living with. I enjoyed a birthday lunch with the family and then relaxed for a few hours. Probably the highlight of my weekend was spending my Friday afternoon hanging with one of the 8th grade guys from my d-group. We went to the mall and walked around for a couple of hours. It was such a great time to get to know one of the students. We had a great time just wandering around and talking about life and his interests. That evening I came back and played monopoly with some of the high school students. We played teams and my team ended up selling everything that we had to another team to crush the team that was winning.

Saturday, I spent the morning helping Jared, the youth minister, move some couches to the church for the youth area. Unfortunately for us, they were both hide-a-beds, the heaviest couches known to men. We got that done and then I enjoyed the afternoon off. Then that evening, there was a dinner for high school students at Jared's house.

Sunday, surprisingly, was an easy day for me, because I didn't teach for middle school fusion. We had a joined service tonight and I didn't really have much responsibility. So I just hung out with students. Then I topped the evening off with gas at $3.37/gallon at seven-eleven (oh thank heaven).

That was my weekend. Tomorrow will be a long day, and next saturday I have a hoe-down to look forward to. I'll be sure to have pictures of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, sounds like things are going well. We need to talk again soon, nothing major, just haven't heard from you in a while. Keeping working hard, it sounds like those kids have someone deeply vested in them individually.